Saturday, July 14, 2012

Food Review | Manneken Pis Restobar and Dive Center

The first place that I have searched in the town of Coron was a restaurant. Haven't eat anything since I left my home in Manila at 11:00 in the morning then make my touchdown in Coron Town at 03:30 in the afternoon( kaninong tiyan kaya and di sasakit nyan). After I check-in my luggage at Mommita's Lodge I quickly went downstairs and looked for a place to eat. I stumbled upon this little Restobar just a street across Mommita's Lodge. The name of this little resto? Manneken Pis Restobar and Dive Center.
Tuna Fillet with veggies served with Belgian Fries
The Place
Manneken Pis is located at 5316 National Highway, Coron, Palawan. Just a street across Mommita's Lodge  and in line with other famous restaurant in Coron (Bistro Coron, Centro Coron Bed and Breakfast, etc). I found this restaurant quite small, it can only accommodate around 20 persons at a time, also their dining table was also small and not to enough to accommodate large groups of people, but the interior was okay you will love its cute homey interior.
Photo by Tripadvisor
Quite small dining table
üüü(Vote 3/5)
The Menu
Manneken Pis offers variety of foods ranging from Pasta, Pizza, Bruschetta, Sausage, Cheese, Seafood, Salads, and Cakes. Regular meals here were usually served with steamed rice or Belgian fries depending on your choice. During breakfast they served Cereals, Sandwich and hot coffee. Since I was the only one who haven't eat my lunch I have ordered food just enough for me.

1. Tuna Fillet with Vegetables served with Belgian Fries (my choice) = P220.00 
Cooked with chopped eggplant, red bell pepper, ginger and coconut milk (Kakang Gata) served as a sauce. The taste was good and the coconut milk was blended so well with the tuna belly. The taste of the Belgian fries was quiet ordinary for me the only difference was the slices were big. Servings were good for two persons.

üüüü(Vote 4/5)
The Price
One of upscale Resto/Bar in Coron as the price are a bit pricey but worth for the taste. An average meal would cost about P200.00+. This maybe a bit cozy with particularly for those who are travelling on a budget.

üüü(Vote 3/5)
Overall
The experience was gastronomically satisfied, try it for yourself!!!.

Check out other articles regarding this trip here:
  • Coron, Palawan | The Enchanting Island
  • Mommita's Lodge | A Place like Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
An engineer, A photographer, A traveler, A musician, A newbie blogger, A mountaineer, A GOD fearing person, A loving son, This is ME!!!